Re: Power Lines

The 10kV (I believe) lines round here (Italy) certainly don't have plastic
insulation on the wires, and the lines are strung less than 1m apart. My
neighbour in the Carnian Alps was telling me the other day how in 1939 all
the buildings in that hamlet were destroyed by a fire resulting from bare
220V lines sparking through contact while swinging in the wind. Who knows
what the practice was in Ghana in the 1960's, where my two-phase bird story
originates.

Mark