Re: electron diffraction tube

I wish we could buy another one of these!

there are two types of material provided - graphite and aluminum oxide. As you
scan the target areas, you will see

1) Well defined spots forming equilateral triangles - this is "Two dimensional
Hexagonal Pyrolytic Graphite. (Lattice constant 2.456 Angstrom)

2) Concentric rings with prominant bright spots along the ring - "Polycrystaline
Hexagonal P- Graphite" (basically a slurry that the screen is dipped in)

3) Uniform concentric rings - "Polycrystaline aluminum" - basically Face
Centered Cubic crystals fround into a coarse powder.

Unfortunately my scanner is down - I could fax the instructions to you if you'd
like.

Bob at PC

wmw wrote:

We are attempting to resurrect an old electron diffraction experiment using a
General Electric Z4904 P4 tube. Does anyone have information on this tube,
such as the nature of the targets? Thanks.

Bill Wehrbein
Nebraska Wesleyan University
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794