From: Bernard Cleyet [mailto:anngeorg@PACBELL.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 4:32 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: low-math astronomy jobs

Reminds me of a famous astronomer who started out driving
mule teams that
brought equipment up to the top of Mt. Wilson. I'll bet he became a
mathephile.

bc

It was really sex:
http://www.nhastro.com/newsletter/2002/News0602.pdf

Larry Smith wrote:

I have a former student who loved my astronomy class
(particularly the
planets) and wants to pursue a career in that direction.
The problem is
her math; she either hates it or doesn't do well (maybe
both, I don't
know). She asks if there are any jobs out there that have
to do with
planetary astronomy but which don't require much math. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry