classical mechanics text suggestions

I'd like some opinions on Classical Mechanics textbooks. Our course
is fall semester junior year, 4 credits (1 extra hour than usual).
The students have taken 3 intro courses out of Tipler the previous
year (mechanics, E&M, heat & light) and would concurrently be taking
Modern Physics and Math Physics I. We use Maple in the course. There
is no lab, but we do a few demos (eg. set up some air track carts
with springs and force sensors and take a Fourier transform; double
pendulum in Interactive Physics). We require a term paper on a topic
of their choosing (chaos and black holes are perennial favorites).

Topics I definitely want to cover in detail:

* coupled oscillators
* Lagrangian, Hamiltonian, and variational methods
* the Kepler problem
* accelerated coordinate systems

Topics I want to cover to a limited extent:

* non-constant acceleration problems
* rocket equation
* nuclear scattering
* rigid-body rotations
* tides
* chaos

Topics I don't want to cover:

* cosmology
* special relativity
* waves

Current text: Barger & Olsson.

Disadvantages: out of print (but probably still enough copies
available for another go-around), too short shrift of Hamiltonian &
variational methods with way too few problems on these topics, the
chaos chapter is inaccessible to beginners, the material on
rigid-body rotations is rather disorganized.

Other texts I am considering:

Marion & Thornton (new edition due this summer). Disadvantages: a bit
mathematically heavy, long and boring review of math and introductory
mechanics in the beginning.

Chow. Disadvantages: somewhat dated (weak on topics such as chaos),
first edition (ie. riddled with quite a number of typos and poor
constructions).

SUMMARY
If Chow had a new edition, I'd likely go with it. As it is, I have a
slight leaning toward Marion & Thornton assuming the new edition is
good.

Now anyone who could help me out:

1. Is there some other text I should be considering?

2. Could someone who is currently using Marion & Thornton (in a
vaguely similar course) tell me how it's working out?
--
Carl E. Mungan, Asst. Prof. of Physics 410-293-6680 (O) -3729 (F)
U.S. Naval Academy, Stop 9C, Annapolis, MD 21402-5026