Re: Student "definition" of science

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:55:36 -0500 Michael Burns-Kaurin
<mburns-k@SPELMAN.EDU> writes:
I gave my Interdisciplinary Science students the definition from
John Ziman, "Science is the search for the widest possible consensus
among competent researchers" as part of a writing assignment. One of
the
students began her paper with "Science is the search for the
_wildest_ possible consensus...".

Michael Burns-Kaurin, Spelman College

With that unusually prevocative opening, I would be especially
interested in reading the rest of her paper.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our City budget is also reached by the wildest consensus)