Re: Beats: quiz question

John,

I continually am amazed at your responses on phys-l and wonder how the
^#@) you got so damn smart. I thought Greg was smart; I guess I know
why you have the 3K t-shirt. Anyway, at the end of your most recent
post (optical mixing) you described a 2 device detector. Did you
'build' an optical lockin amplifier? If not, what's different?

On another topic... A short time ago, JD apologized for his
'blindness'. I think banning anyone from the list is a potential loss
to the list. Sometimes JD comes across very harsh, but I gain much more
from his posts than I lose from his 'blindness'. Did anyone consider
banning JD?

BC was banned from another list that I subscribe to as hinted in an
earlier post of his. I found his comments on that list very valuable
and am sorry he's not lurking anymore. I'm willing to overlook
'blindness' for valuable input. We all grow that way. Some offended
folks might even grow a thicker skin too.

Thanks,

Sam