Re: COLD FUSION

Two more items were added to my cold fusion site at:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/

You will recognize some voices from our recent debate.
I also had an item written in January but decided not to
post it. The item started like this:

"1) What did I see today (1/19/03) in Salt Lake City?

a) An example of conspiracy to deceive by presenting
fraudulent data? To what purpose?

b) A manifestation of a large scale self-deception
involving hundreds of Ph.D. scientists in several
countries? If this is possible then how do we know
that it does not exist in other scientific areas?

c) Experimental support for a claim that nuclear
processes can be initiated at nearly room
temperatures? How can this be explained?"

Then I described what was shown to me and what I was told about it.
I am not posting this message because I was invited to participate in
the next experiment. I will be in a better position to write about this
in March, after the experiment. They will show me how radioactivity
of thorium nitrate dissolved in water can be practically eliminated in
30 minutes through a process involving an electric current of 5 A at
60 V. I do not believe that this is possible; my null hypothesis will be
that radioactivity which was lost (if it was lost) went somewhere else.
But what if attempts to find radioactivity in suspected places fail?

Then I will be able to say that a nuclear process (in this case turning
radioactive isotopes into stable isotopes) can indeed be induced in a
very unusual way. It is fun speculating about such possibilities. Such
speculations are nothing more than wishful thinking; they are in
conflict with what we have learned about nuclear phenomena. But
rejecting experimental facts because they disagree with what we
think should happen is not appropriate.

By the way, E. Storms just posted a LONG review of the entire
CF field. He decided to call it a "student's guide." I do not think
that it is a student guide. In any case, this review is at:

http://www.lenr-canr.org/StudentsGuide.htm

Do not expect to digest it in ten or twenty minutes.
Ludwik Kowalski