Re: "Global warming is great,"

At 06:35 06 02 2003 , the following was received:
Well it seems to me we could approach this 'experimentally'. There are two
experiments we could do (or variations on such). 1) Let's double the
man-made emissions in the next decade and see what happens. This one is
easy to do--China and India can be charged with providing most of the
emissions. 2) We could cut the man-made emissions by 50% over the next 50
years--harder to do but possible in that time frame.

Which is the more responsible experiment? ;-)

The suggested experiments won't suffice -- We would also have to stop the
permutation of the Earth's spin axis -- which is most likely the cause of
global climate change. Further we don't know if this permutation is at
present warming the Earth or cooling it -- Clearly gaseous emissions are in
fact helping us if the permutation is in the process of bringing on another
glaciation. Should we be buying land in Canada or Mexico?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen