Re: politeness etc.

All true, but none of us have an infinite amount of
time to make sure we're being sufficiently polite. As
long as all posters consciously avoid purposeful
personal attacks(which I believe to be the case), I
don't think anyone should take offense. John Barrere

Yes, I think that this is more to the point. We are not like surgeons who
say things like "scalpel, please" -- This sounds silly to me. The nurse
should know that s/he might need a scalpel in a hurry and not be offended
if the surgeon doesn't say please.

May factions of our society take offense at an assumed slight when
absolutely none is intended.

JohnD, you have never offended me -- I think that you are wrong sometimes
but I am not offended. <g>

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen