Re: non-dissipative circuitry

"John S. Denker" wrote:

I've had the experience of being yelled at by
an entire roomful of "experts" who "knew" that
.5 C V^2 dissipation was a law of nature. And
they had a stack of textbooks to "prove" it.
... But all their yelling didn't change the
facts. There really are low-dissipation ways of
charging a capacitor.

The reason they were yelling is that, if 1/2 CV^2 dissipation is not a
law of nature, you are confronted with explaining what happens to that
1/2 of the original energy, since according to the conventional "laws of
nature" "proven" in the textbooks, only 1/2 of the original energy QV
(in the case of the battery/capacitor circuit) is stored on the
capacitor after it is charged. The only place left for the energy to go,
if it is not dissipated, is into the energy stored on the capacitor and
that would mean that it must be greater than 1/2 CV^2 (possibly CV^2?).
That would mean that their precious textbooks are wrong! I'm surprised
they didn't shoot you :^)

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf