Re: a link to some interesting illusions

"I like to think of color vision as hardware + software. The hardware are
the cones - that respond to different wavelengths of light. The software
takes the output of each cone and converts it to color. Here the model
used is the so-called opponent theory of color vision."
-------

This (soft ware) is very important, because color perception does not
necessarily require color. -- I saw color in adverts. on a B & W set in
Brittain (ca.1968). They used the Land method.

bc