politeness etc.

Hi --

It has been pointed out [off list] that some of my
recent posts have been far too rude. I see that
now. I need to get a lot better at seeing such
things without being told. I'm tryin to get better.
I hope people will continue to remind me if/when
I fall off the wagon.

Also, I hope people will see this as a blind spot
of mine, not as a mean streak. I get no joy from
insulting people. I was trying to help, really,
however clumsily.

I've met a few people who are selfish to the core
and deeply disrespectful of others, yet they hide
it behind a veneer of politeness. I can't abide
that, I'm pretty sure I'm not like that, and I
respect this community precisely because the people
here aren't like that. I beseech you to see in my
notes genuine respect, occasionally hidden behind
a crust of unintended impoliteness.