From: Edmiston, Mike [mailto:edmiston@BLUFFTON.EDU]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 9:51 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Venus?

(1) Venus, a terrestrial planet, came out of Jupiter, a gas planet?

(2) Venus was "new" as recently as the arrival of humans?

Either of the above would require that we totally throw away
our present
understanding of how stars and planets evolve.

(3) The earth stopped rotating for a while, then started
again? And this
happened within a day? And people didn't notice these accelerations?

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Chemistry and Physics
Bluffton College
Bluffton, OH 45817