Re: Electric Field Mapping

Okay
I rechecked the connections. They were fine. Cleaned them just incase.
I used the silver conducting ink from Pasco and I painted this one last year.

I think I found the problem.
1. The line forming the circle isn't of uniform thickness. It's wider in some places that in others.
2. The resistance of the circle is about the same as the resistance of the paper.

So I will redraw the set-up and try it again.
thanks for all the suggestions.
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429