Re: Electric Field Mapping

the version I've used has a cork board to which one pins the poorly
conducing paper. I use #5 Moore push pins (long points) for terminals.
After sticking well (deeply) in to the cork I liberally "paint" the paper
and pin joint with the colloidal Ag paint. The push pin head is well
fitted for alligator / crocodile clipping. I further tape down the leads
so one doesn't move them and, thereby, break the connections. I had no
problem with the lack of high conductivity in the paint -- one, or more,
of the suggestions already given was probably not observed.

bc

Tina Fanetti wrote:

I used the conducting silver ink on black conductive paper. I had th=
e positive lead on the point charge and the negative lead on the ring=
.

I am going to try and figure out if the resistance is constant across=
the ring. I know there was good contact.

Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429