Re: FW: High-school curriculum changes

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:40:35 -0700 "Daniel S. Price"
<dprice@JEFFCO.K12.CO.US> writes:
Matt Harding wrote:

I do maintain high expectations, but rather than compelling students
to try harder, said demands cause them to quit, and their parents and
counselors accede to their wishes. Because my position has been
literally threatened if enrollment in physics does not increase, I
must find a
way to maintain a high standard without scaring the clientele.

To fill the advanced placement physics classes in my school, we
guaranteed that the lowest passing mark given would be 85% for all
students who completed the course. It worked!

We also made a special note on college applications that the student was
successful in taking the advanced placement physics course despite
certain limitations in his or her mathematics preparation.

Herb Gottlieb