Re: Salt Lake City?

Dear Dan:

Thanks a lot. I am not interested in cats at this time but in a contact
near Salt Lake City. I remember interacting with John on several
occasions; he made a very good impression on me. I may be doing some
experiments in a private lab there and being able to borrow a familiar
instrument might suddenly become essential. The claim is highly unusual
but I want to have real experience with the so-called "cold fusion." So
far I was only reading what others have done recently; I am no longer
saying it is all nonsense. A good and simple experiment through which a
clear YES or NO answer can be obtained is worth doing, even if the
chance for YES is very small.

After devoting a lot of time to the subject (this is my sabbatical year
project) I think that I am ready to make a good presentation, for
example, an invited talk at the AAPT meeting, entitled "Cold Fusion,
Thirteen Years Later." Do you think that suggesting this would be too
pretentious? After all I am only a teacher.
Best regards,
Ludwik