Salt Lake City?

On Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003, D.V.N.Sarma wrote:

New research from the University of Utah has revealed a
potentially lethal "tunnel vision" that drivers get while talking
on a cellphone. . . .

If somebody on our list is from Salt Lake City, or nearby, please
let me know. Or perhaps you have a good friend there.

I plan to participate in a private experiment there and have some
questions to ask. The experiment's goal is to demonstrate that
radioactivity (deliberately dissolved in water) can be reduced via
a cold fusion process. Yes, I am skeptical. Yes, I am open minded.
Yes, I will share what I learn. Yes, I suspect that the University of
Utah does not want to be linked with another cold fusion claim.

The item about the claim will soon be posted (probably tomorrow)
on my cold fusion web site. It will be a summary of a 1998 article
describing a tabletop experiment in which 50% of radioactivity
was said to be destroyed in only 30 minutes. An ideal cold fusion
experiment for an undergraduate science lab? Why not?
Ludwik
kowalskil@mail.montclair.edu