Re: There's work, and then there's work

On Monday, Jan 27, 2003, David Rutherford wrote:

Therefore, in my opinion, using the current in the
determination of the energy is invalid, since it almost
entirely discounts the energy of the positive atoms.

Suppose a calorimetric experiment, similar to that
described earlier, was performed. Suppose the
outcome of the experiment is essentially the same
as that obtained from the "current method." Would
you still argue that the current method is not good?

Both experiments are easy to perform and you
should perform them. Discovering a significant
discrepancy between the outcomes of two methods
would be a great scientific contribution validating
your argument. Please perform the experiments
and share the results. I think that most of us would
be interest in what you find, and on how it influences
your thinking. Good luck.
Ludwik Kowalski