Re: There's work, and then there's work

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

More explicitly, what the students do in the lab is the following: They measure the
slow discharge of the capacitor through a resistor, R. They record the current at
regular time intervals, dt, say 5 seconds. They then graph the current as a function
of time and obtain the total charge.

Why don't you assume that an equal amount of opposite charge flows in
the opposite direction. That would double the total charge and make the
energy equal to CV^2, not 1/2 CV^2. If the answer is no, please explain
why not (Obviously, I'm rethinking my claim that my theory gives 1/2
CV^2 and that 1/2 CV^2 is the correct answer).

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/actreact.pdf
"Energy Density Correction"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/enerdens.pdf
"Proposed Quantum Mechanical Connection"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/quantum.pdf