Arons on Elementary School Education - Correction

The last paragraph of the Arons (1993) quote should have read (my CAPS):

"That such a trend is not sweepingly underway is not, to my mind, so
much a result of intrinsic weakness in the materials as it is a
reflection of fact that THE EDUCATION WE PROVIDE OUR ELEMENTARY
SCHOOL TEACHERS LEAVES THE GREAT MAJORITY WITHOUT ADEQUATE
UNDERSTANDING OF THE MOST BASIC SCIENTIFIC SUBJECT MATTER AND HENCE
WITHOUT THE COMPETENCE AND SECURITY NECESSARY TO IMPLEMENT THESE
MATERIALS EFFECTIVELY."

Sorry.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>
that article: