Re: BALANCE PROBLEM

Draw all the lever arms from the fulcrum to the forces, A and the center of
masses (* g) of the three beams. For the quantitative result add the
torques.

This is so easy, I suspect I'm missing something. [A victim of blind use of
the algorithm?]

bc a person who may be like the fool, rushes

David Abineri wrote:

I don't know if this diagram will come through but, if AB is a rigid
beam attached to a rigid post BC which is attached to a rigid beam CD
which is pivoted about the marked pivot point, what happens as an
increasing vertical downward force is applied at A? Which way does the
balance tip? What is a good, instructive, way to look at this
situation? Am I making this more complicated that it is?

Thanks for any help, David Abineri

A B

/\

--