From: Richard Hake
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Deficient Language Skills - Serious Omission In My Previous
Post

Recently Jane Jackson wrote to me (my CAPS):

"Regarding your posts on Benezet (1935/36): I SUSPECT THAT PEOPLE ARE
SOMEWHAT PUZZLED
AS TO WHAT YOU MEAN BY A SCIENCE COUNTERPART OF THE BENEZET
EXPERIMENT. I am. Can you connect that to modern-day K-6 inquiry
science programs, specifically? For example, the FOSS work at
UC-Berkeley? . . . [FOSS (Full Option Science System)
<http://www.lhs.berkeley.edu/FOSS/FOSS.html> (developed at the
Lawrence Hall of Science <http://www.lhs.berkeley.edu/>)]

Stimulated by Jane's message, I looked again at Hake (2003) and noted
that I had inadvertently OMITTED :-( the crucial Mahajan & Hake
(2000) from the reference list of that post! I thank Jane for
bringing that SERIOUS OMISSION to my attention.