Re: COLD FUSION

The titles of these two recent books are revealing.

C. Beaudette,
"Excess Heat. Why Cold Fusion Research Prevailed."
Concord, NH, 2000.
R.L. Park
“Voodoo Science: The Road from Foolishness to Fraud,”
Oxford University Press, New York, 2000.

One reviewer wrote:
'Professor Park does more than debunk, he crucifies...
You'll never again waste time or your money on astrologers,
'quantum healers', homeopaths, spoonbenders, perpetual
motion merchants, or alien-abduction fantasists.'

But isn't "cold fusion" different from the above? I do not
exclude a possibility that some "cold fusion" claims may
have been made by fraudulent people; con artists are
naturally attracted toward scientific controversies. But most
of those who do research in the AE area ("anomalous
energy" is a better term than "cold fusion') are likely to be
honest. In fact, I suspect that Fleischman and Pons
might become Nobel laureates.
Ludwik Kowalski