immediate part-time HS position

Our part-time Academic (ie, essentially "conceptual")
Physics teacher has unexpectedly quit due to medical
issues. I am at Apex High School (near RTP area in
NC). The "open" classes meet 1st & 2nd periods (7:45 -
9:45 +/-). A qualified replacement is urgently needed
mid-January. There is excellent potential for this to
be a F/T position for next academic year. I'd be glad
to discuss the F/T specifics privately.

While we do have the now-common state end of course
tests to deal with, they're not too bad. The local
admin is excellent. They don't micro-manage and pretty
much keep hands off unless there is a disaster. I have
had excellent support on the few occasions when there
has been a troublesome parent issue. It is an
excellent environment in which to teach physics.
Thanks to a grant I got this year, we have a pretty
respectable MBL setup (7 stations with LabPros and the
usual probes and sensors) in a large room with
adjustable, movable lab/work tables.

So, if you're interested in the central NC area and
can afford to be poor for several months, please give
me a shout. BTW, the local housing market is a very
strong buyer's market at present due to all the
high-tech layoffs in RTP. John Barrere