Re: COLD FUSION

On Saturday, Dec 14, 2002, Chuck Britton wrote:

I am (in general) a rabid anti-conspiracy nut. This promise for Cold
Fusion is SUCH an attractive possibility that MANY labs will
immediately jump into the arena as soon as it is established. A FEW
brave souls will (as we speak) be doing their damnedest to get
positive results and be among first on the bandwagon. ...

But cold fusion is far from being able to convince others that
it is "an attractive possibility." At an early stage a field of science
is vulnerable to many things. It has been basterized prematurely,
I think. Whose fault was it? Mostly of those who announced the
discovery, and of those who tried to control the discovery by
political means. Was it a conspiracy? I do not think so. It just
happened this way, unfortunately. I small initial perturbation
created a lot of unexpected consequences.
Ludwik Kowalski