Re: Speed Of Light Slowing Down.

In a message dated 12/11/2002 1:07:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
caviness@SOUTHERN.EDU writes:

"wrong type of photons"?

What sort of language is that? The only meaning that occurs to me is
that the spectrum may not have been what was expected. But if that's
what was meant, wouldn't they have said "wrong frequency" or even "wrong
frequency distribution"?

Ken I had the same exact reaction when I read the above. The article is
intended for the general public and is very lacking in detail. I don't have
access to the Physical Review Letters in question and I hope there is a list
member who does and finds this interesting enough to provide a better
explanation. Again it must be remembered this "discovery" is far from being
established. This was announced in August and there are still no abstracts in
the LANL eprint archive as far as I know.

Bob Zannelli