Re: COLD FUSION

Two new pieces were added to my CF collage at:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/scimeth.html

The titles are: "Russian Connection" and "Bottom Line."

Here is the beginning of the last item:

What is the main difference between hot fusion and cold
fusion communities? In both cases the goal was to build a
device whose energy output is at least as large as the
energy input, without consuming chemical fuel.

The hot fusion community has been trying to achieve the
break-even point for five decades and it knows exactly
why reaching it is so difficult. The cold fusion community,
on the other hand, started by building break-even devices
without understanding what was going on and why.
This calls for an elaboration. ...

And here is the ending of the first item.

Such observations, if confirmed, would be extremely significant
and I am surprised that they are not used widely as arguments
in cold fusion debates. Some of them could be verified using
standard equipment available in most nuclear laboratories.
A piece of Pd was used as a cathode of a D2 discharge tube
and this resulted in large changes of isotopic ratios of several
elements. How could this happen without a nuclear process of
some kind? Why doesn’t this happen when D2 is replaced by
H2? These extremely important questions would have been
answered more quickly, I assume, if the area of cold fusion
research were not isolated from mainstream science. My own
impression is that cold fusion is still blacklisted by the scientific
establishment. Why are mistakes made in 1989 still used
against honest cold fusion researchers?
Feel free to share the items with students and others.
As always, comments will be appreciated, especially
critical comments and corrections.
Ludwik Kowalski kowalskil@mail.montclair.edu