Re: Why not accept the term "voltage" ?

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

I, evidently mistakenly, thought dictionary editors consulted the users
of technical terms. That I thought was why "we" refer to dictionaries.

Geez, Bernard. I would have thought that, as a Santa Cruz kinda guy
who sports such a spectacular crop of facial growth, you'd wear your
"Question Authority" badge with pride!

;-)

But seriously, I think I made it clear in my first post that I have
no intention of giving up the word "voltage." At the same time, any
"authority" that suggests that voltage must be measured in volts is
simply wrong and. more importantly, probably an unthinking victim of
precisely the malady that prompted this thread. For example, can you
even imagine a dictionary definition like the following:

length n. The measurement of the extent of something
along its greatest dimension, expressed in meters.