Re: Cold Fusion

It might also be different if they really saw nuclear fusion.

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

On December 2, 2002, at 12:21 PM, Larry Smith wrote:

... Last week they had on two Cold Fusion experts who
say the field is still alive. They blast physicists for being
close-minded on the issue. They say Martin Fleishman
was/is one of the top few electro-chemists in the world. ...

And why did he put himself into an unenviable situation?
There are many reasons for this. Association with the
University of Utah (and its president, Peterson) was the
main reason, I think. The history of the discovery would
be very different if the agreement made with Jones was
not broken, or if the two teams merged to work for another
year or two before publishing anything. One official from
the Department of Energy was trying to produce such
merge but he was not successful.

Very short biographies of Fleischmann, Pons and Jones
(copied from a good book) are at my web site:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/biogr3.html

Ludwik Kowalski