Re: pressure as energy

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

For an ideal gas, PV = 2/3 N .

If we take the energy per unit volume approach, and then look at the
product PV, it
seems we have an excess of energy over the simple KE of the molecules.
What is this excess energy?

Once again, dimensional analysis doesn't tell the
whole story. Obviously the chord-slope Y/X has the
same dimensions as the tangent-slope dY/dX, but they
are not in general identical.

Pressure is the derivative of the E-versus-V function.
Bob is looking at the chord. Not the same.

=========

Life is better when you don't have to put disclaimers
on everything. But that's just my opinion.