From: Blair Drader [mailto:blair_7985@HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 1:31 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Angle of deviation

<P><BR>Hello,</P>
<P>I require some clarification on what the angle of deviation is.&nbsp;
In the physics text <EM>Fundamentals of Physics an Introductory
Course</EM>, it states that it is the angle between the original path of
the incident ray of light entering a prism, and the path that the
emerging light ray.&nbsp; As far as I can tell, there are 2 angles here,
one greater than&nbsp;90 degrees, and one less than 90 degrees.&nbsp; Is
the angle of deviation defined to be less than 90 degrees?</P>
<P>Thank you in advance,</P>
href="http://g.msn.com/8HMREN/2015";>the new MSN 8</a> and get 2 months
FREE*</html>

This posting is the position of the writer, not that of SUNY-BSC, NAU or
the AAPT.