Re: A "heat" question

SORRY FOR REPOSTING; SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT
WITH THE DATE AND TIME ON MY SCHOOL MACHINE.

I gave up on always using "thermal energy" instead of "heat".
I am using these two terms interchangeably and this works fine.
Ludwik Kowalski

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

I've noticed that this list group has a general aversion to using "heat" as a noun - a
position I agree with. In atmospheric physics, it is common to use terms like "sensible
heat" and "latent heat". What techniques have people on the list developed to deal with
these commonly accepted terms but still deal with heat as a transferring of energy?