Re: Impulse and force

In a message dated 11/25/2002 6:32:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TREBOR@VELOCITY.NET writes:

I am also troubled by your use of the word "cart" in this final query - are
you confusing two different problems:
1) sand falling onto a stationary scale, and
2) sand faliing into a horizontally moving cart?

In 2) one is indeed interested in applying F = dp/dt to the cart.

Sorry! This type of question is typically asked of moving carts. I was not
interested in the horizontal motion so I did not phrase my question in terms
of a moving cart but obviously that was in the back of my mind.

The question had only to do with sand falling on a stationary scale.

Thanks

Justin