Molecular dynamics for teaching, learning, and playing

Dear friends and colleagues,

I've just posted a program called Molecules on my web
site, <http://physics.weber.edu/schroeder/software/>.
This is a two-dimensional molecular dynamics simulation
of a collection of structureless particles (such as noble
gas atoms). Although simulations like this have been
around for decades, this version offers a few advantages
over the others that I've seen: it's quite fast, it's fun to
watch, it has a full graphical user interface, it runs on
both MacOS and Windows, and it's free (including
source code, in REALbasic). Uses of the program could
range from visualizing frictionless motion to quantitative
study of phase transformations. I hope you'll take a
moment to download the program and give it a try. Any
comments or suggestions would be most welcome.

Best,

Dan