Re: 2 pi i = 0

Mike E. Wrote in part:

I think Joel and Bernard are on the same page as I am. To speak the
math that my son and daughter speak, my definition of a
function is the
same as their definition of a relation.
. . .

Bottom line, it appears to me the old-timer definition of function is
the same as the current definition of a relation.

This brings up an interesting pedagogical point. Should you tell your
students about old-timer definitions?

I'd answer the question with a "yes". Particularly as long as a significant
fraction of old-timers that they will have to deal with (say 5%) are folks
that will be using "archaic" definitions. This means we are probably a good
20 years away from when it may no longer be necessary to talk about
multi-valued functions.

Joel R.