Re: slowing down the earth's spin

At 21:02 -0500 11/18/02, Carl Mungan wrote:

But, they claim that this is confirmed by the fact that astronomical
events such as eclipses have been found to run systematically ahead
of calculations based on observations over preceding centuries. Is
this claim correct? If so, what is the correct explanation of it,
since the 44 ns/day is not enough?
--
I think it is because the effect is cumulative, that is the first day
is 44 ns longer, the second 88 ns longer the third 132 ns longer, and

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams