Re: Whats a lifter?

Did you see this from NASA?
http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/nasarep.htm

At 12:06 AM 11/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Hi all,
I am writing with respect toward the legitimacy of the Biefeld-Brown Effect.

Recently I have had a few students ask me about "lifters". Apparently a
lifter exhibits some form of propulsive force, which allows the device to
accelerate vertically upwards. (It's basically a series of extremely
lightweight capacitors made out of aluminum foil, balsa wood and a high
voltage source)

The Internet has been the only location where I have found information on
this subject. These sites are appallingly unscientific. Yet they all
subscribe to this Biefeld-Brown Effect. I cannot find the Biefeld-Brown
Effect in any of the books I own. The websites all agree the Biefeld-Brown
Effect is supposed is apparently attributed to
Thomas Townsed Brown.

I am inclined not to put much weight in any of this, but I would like
simultaneously to be able to explain why.

Thank you for your time
mindhive4u

This posting is the position of the writer, not that of SUNY-BSC, NAU or
the AAPT.

Patricia T. Viele, Physics & Astronomy Librarian
Edna McConnell Clark Physical Sciences Library
Clark Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853-2501
Voice: 607-255-4016