Re: School Board

The difference _may_ be increasing but the absolute level of (economic,
educational, health care, etc.) has increased for the majority such that the
common person IS better off today than 20 years ago--at least in material
wealth and most services. Other social parameters may well have declined,
but the 'very fortunate' are not immune to most of these factors.
[Also--these 'very fortunate' are very large numbers if judged by the homes
and cars in most communities.]

Rick (who sees that today's standard of 'poverty' is _way_ above his
graduate school days subsistence level--with at that time a _good_ yearly
stipend.)

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana
rtarara@saintmarys.edu
Free Physics Educational Software (Win & Mac)
NEW: Windows Animated Chalkboard Package
FCI animations for Instructor led review of test.