Re: When Physical Intuition Fails

I need to re-cast that last post. It should read:

It must be noted that the frictional force (f=mu*N) which effects the
linear acceleration should not be assumed to be the same as the frictional
force (F=MU*N) which effects dissipation. It is by VIOLATING this dictum
that one reaches Mike's conclusion (which I would re-word as: the energy
dissipated cannot quantitatively be accounted for as the line integral of
a CONSTANT frictional force).

Bob Sciamanda (W3NLV)
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (em)
trebor@velocity.net