Re: When Physical Intuition Fails

Bob, having read your reasoned development, can I ask:
does this treatment copied below lead to maximal translation
velocity in the case where there is no initial slippage at the
interface of the cylinder and substrate?

I am taken with the suggestive comparison with the transfer of charge
between capacitors that your result indicates: where if spark
discharge (analogy:friction) is avoided, em radiation (analogy: ??)
becomes significant.

Brian W