Re: More thoughts on Lazy

No, "really". Forcing bored students to sit quietly wastes their, the instructor's,
and the other students' time. Better they go out into the capitalist world, succeed,
or find they must return and "apply" themselves.

Here in Salinas (and other communities) this is already, to a limited extent, done.
"School leavers" may return to continuation HS (9 => 12). The school also
accommodates pregnant and lactating women who otherwise would be welcome at one of
the "regular" HS's.

bc who taught a class where the Chair admitted most of the students should not have
been there, and also thinks a society where women may bring their neonates to school
is possible.

"RAUBER, JOEL" wrote:

BC wrote in part:

Tina's anecdotal study confirms my belief (posted previously)
that school should be
limited to those willing to "put out". I'd kick out of
school at the 8th** grade all
those D's and F's For them the child labor laws would be
relaxed (not for
"dangerous" jobs tho). After a few years many would then be
ready for school, as are
Tina's working parents, et al.

** by then they're as socialized as they are going to be for
the purposes of "good
order of society".

bc

I suppose this should have had the subject heading "A Modest Proposal".

Joel R.

Evident not the position of at least one member of this list.