Question On Down Conversion.

Dear List Members:
I have a question concerned parametric down conversion of photons as
they pass through an optically nonlinear crystal such as lithium iodate or
barium borate. Here a single photon of frequency f_0 down converts to two
photons in an entangled state whose frequencies f_1+f_2=f_0. When entangled
photons are produced in this manner their highly defined momentum states make
them ideal for EPR experiments. My question is, how are the spin states for
these photons correlated? I suspect that their polarization states should be
orthogonal. Is this correct? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Bob Zannelli