Re: Lazy?

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Bob LaMontagne wrote:

Many students get so frustrated they just go to the stacks
and randomly pull down
books until they find what they want. Without the stacks,
they wouldn't even have that
option.

I think that going to the stacks is a great way to search a
library once you know the rough call number by finding a
couple of related books in the catalog. It solves all of
the issues about knowing the best keywords because you only
need to get close.

It does take more time which I supose is a strike against it
as a method but I feel that time is worth it.