Re: MentorNet (one woman's response)

Ladies! Ladies! Eee Gads I think our WOMEN physics majors and grad =
students here at Cal State Fullerton would take offense if they were =
referred to as "ladies".

Well, one should excuse the senile for loosing track of PC. I get in
trouble with non-Caucasians too. I just can't keep up with how they wish
to be referred to. On the other hand when the reference is obviously from
a position of respect, why are people so intolerant? After all I am
expected willingly to respect the slurs members of some groups direct at
me --and the language other groups use amongst themselves, It gets
confusing.

Often in groups women refer to themselves as "ladies" -- (and "girls" as
well for that matter). I use the term "ladies" out of deep respect. If
some here don't like it, tough.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen