Re: North Pole

To answer Jim's questions as simply as I can, and using my understanding of the situation.

The Earth's spin axis precesses such that we get a moving polar star.

Yes, with a period of 26,000 years.

Is it also the case that the orbital axis precesses?

Not that I know of, that is, I am unaware of having seen anything about this in any astronomy source I have read or consulted. It
could be that it does, but with a period too long for us to notice, or an amount too small for us to notice.

Does the angle between the orbital plain and the spin axis change?

Yes. If the spin axis precesses, and the orbital axis does not (or precesses at a different rate or with a different angle) then
the angle between the spin axis and orbital plane must change. This is exactly what I said in my last post when I said the ecliptic
(orbital plane) would change its position on the celestial sphere (celestial sphere being defined by the spin axis). Sorry, Jim,
that I did not simply say it as "yes."

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics and Chemistry
Chair of Sciences