Re: grades, pass/fail etc.

Tina!

"Oh I forgot. There was one class I actually dreaded. I dont remember the name of
it, but I remeber the teacher and the books we read. Billy Budd. I HATE THAT BOOK!

Tina"

Please be more specific.

bc

p.s. When you write your posts to PHYS-L, do you use <return> (CRLF [carriage return
line feed]), or allow the application to insert it when your typing reaches its
margin? Your posts are one of a few whose lines end in '=' signs.

Tina Fanetti wrote:

On this subject, I must say that I was not unhappy to jump through mi=
ckey mouse hoops as an undergraduate.

The reason - all my gen ed requirements were taken through an Honors =
college. The classes were limited to 17. There were no tests, but l=
oads of writing and reading. Teachers were recruited and only the be=
st were chosen. The dean was accessible.

Then there was the topics. The classes I took were
Cyberculture
Game Theory
Rich and poor in American Literature
Debate (ok the teacher sucked in that class and I led a revolt to hav=
e him removed)
Western Traditions
Non-western traditions (Indians)
Advertising in our culture
The biology and evolution of sex (refer to what I learned in that cla=
ss all the time)

There were a wide variety of courses to choose from and if there were=
multibple sections of a class, like western traditions, a different =
teacher usually taught each section and the readings were usually dif=
ferent.

I think what helps is a wide variety rather than you must take course=
X. =20
Oh I forgot. There was one class I actually dreaded. I dont rememb=
er the name of it, but I remeber the teacher and the books we read. =
Billy Budd. I HATE THAT BOOK!

Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429