From: Herbert H Gottlieb [mailto:herbgottlieb@JUNO.COM]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 10:32 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Energy density; the correct one

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:20:57 -0400 Chuck Britton <britton@NCSSM.EDU>
writes:
One who is NOT a member of APS can still present a paper by
acquiring the SPONSORSHIP of a member.

Any member of the American Physical Society can present a talk
or poster at the March or April meetings.
http://www.aps.org/meet/abstracts/policies.html
http://www.aps.org/memb/joinaps.html

I was wondering if there are any age, ethnic, sex, educational,
or special requirements (other than an expressed interest in physics )
that would disqualify anyone who wishes to join the APS .

I just did a quick check of the APS website (above) and was unable to
determine any specific qualifications for APS membership.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where some people with hairbrained ideas might possibly want to
join the APS and present a paper at an APS meeting)
It is prohibited for anyone to disclose, copy, distribute the contents of
this message. Benedictine University does not review, edit or censor
E-Mail communications sent out through their System. The University
maintains and enforces policies regarding the acceptable use of its
technology resources. All messages express views solely of the sender,
which are not to be attributed to Benedictine University, and may not be
copied or distributed without this disclaimer.