Re: Tire marks on road

Speaking to Hasan's question deductively and logically (i.e the
method that led Kelvin to an Earth age in the low millions) I
will observe that for heavy braking at constant acceleration,
an experimental mechanism is said to be destructive shear
of the tires' rubber surface. Moreover, the cumulative heating
of the tire leads to softening of the rubber.
Taking these two observables only, I can see that rubber
sheared per unit time is plausibly constant or increasing,
hence rubber deposited per unit distance is increasing, and
this leads to a darkening track to the stopping point.

Brian W