Re: Energy density; the correct one

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

OK - I'll bite - How do you do work on a charge that isn't moving - being
held in place - where's the displacement needed for the usual definition of
work?

The conventional way of dealing with this problem is to assume that the
existing charges will just stay where they are while you bring in
additional charges. That's not going to happen all by itself. There must
be, as I said, the _equivalent_ of work being done on the existing
charges. If you don't include this, the existing charges will go flying
off to infinity again and you'll never be able to assemble a charge
distribution. I'm assuming that the distribution can be assembled.

--
Dave Rutherford
"New Transformation Equations and the Electric Field Four-vector"

Applications:
"4/3 Problem Resolution"
http://www.softcom.net/users/der555/elecmass.pdf
"Action-reaction Paradox Resolution"